Magazine Graphic Design Position (PAID)
This application is for the magazine design position currently available at InSight Magazine, an upcoming student publication focusing on poverty and its untold stories. The position will include a stipend. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: THIS IS AN INTENSIVE 4-5 WEEK FREELANCE POSITION THAT WILL BEGIN WEEK 10 AND INCLUDE SPRING BREAK.
- Information and material gathering
- Magazine concept planning and design (deciding on typeface and fonts for magazine cover and headlines, tying visuals and articles together, etc.)
- Handle vendor transactions
- Prepare layouts (marking and pasting up finished copy and art, etc.)
- May be involved in website design
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop Illustrator
- Ability to delegate and efficiently manage a workload
- Acute vision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Enjoy combining technical work with more creative elements
- Customer service skills