April 19, 2017
5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
To RSVP, visit: bit.ly/CultivatingSolutions
As part of Earth Week and the Blum Federation’s SACEPI Global Poverty Action Days, the Blum Ambassadors Council is hosting a workshop to explore and empower students to combat issues of food access and nutrition. We hope to raise awareness about food insecurity and identify resources available to students.
The event features a panel of experts followed by a resource fair. A CalFresh representative will be onsite to provide enrollment assistance. Doors open at 5:00 pm. Refreshments and giveaways will be provided while supplies last!
- Andrea Gutierrez: Food Access & Security Coordinator at the UCI SOAR Center
- Jody Margolis, MS, RDN: Nutritionist at UCI Student Wellness & Health Promotion
- Tyson Monagle: Marketing Coordinator at Aramark
- Renee Stevenson: Operations Director at South County Outreach
- Kendall Omagari: CalFresh Capacity Coordinator at Second Harvest Food Bank
Supported by Blum Center for Poverty Alleviation and the Student Outreach and Retention (SOAR) Center.